Friday, June 26, 2009

Guest review allegedly by Chris Bonington - Berghaus "the worm" Bag







Allegedly... This is the greatest bag ever invented - A bag that expands from a mere 20 litres to an enormous 400 litres in the shape of a worm (for those fishermen/women amongst you, it works like a keepnet). The Berghaus designers studied worm biomechanics in the development of this bag and it shows. I decided to get together with a couple of old mates,


Doug Scott and Paul Stanley of Kiss to test this bag on my old favourite, Tryfan, in the heart of Snowdonia.



For the first stretch of the hike I used the bag in slightly extended 30 litre mode and it was comfortable, feeling like I had a medium to large sized trout on my back, nice and soft. We stopped for a break for whisky and cake and decided to take it in turns carrying each other in the bag to give it a real test. Neither of the lads can really hold their whisky and were acting the clown so I said I would go first. The the two of them got in and i got it up on my back no bother, being dead strong and all that. After about half an hour it was supposed to be Doug's go but the cheeky feckers had locked themselves in from the inside and were laughing away to themselves so i just stuck with it and took them the rest of the way.

When we finally reached the summit the boys decided to let themselves out, only for me to discover that they had finished off all of the Jamesons and my mums Madeira cake - l was well p*$$ed off so I tied them up and left them there while I went to the pub.














So all in all, a great bag, brilliant for carrying anything from a bottle of Jamesons and cake through to a couple of ageing clowns who call themselves friends.

Thanks for reading, I'll be back soon with more great new products.

Chris

*NB: These are not the views,opinions or actual words for that matter of Christopher Bonington. At no point has Mr. Bonington been contracted by Maher Sports to review products. No Chris Boningtons were harmed in the making of this blog.

2 comments:

  1. WTF? You're freaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sense of humour? are you from the world taekwondo federation? (WTF?)

    ReplyDelete